Privacy and data protection
This policy refers to PII (Personally Identifiable Information). PII is any data, or combinations of data, that could potentially be used to identify a particular individual person. We intend to protect Consumer, Health Information, and therefore, PhenomHealth adheres to the following policies:
- All PII obtained shall be lawfully collected, compiled, stored, processed, accessed and utilized by PhenomHealth.
- All PII obtained shall be treated confidentially and shall not be disclosed to any person not employed by PhenomHealth companies, or their contractors, except with consent, as required by law or by court order.
- PhenomHealth adheres to all applicable local policy laws.
- Research that is conducted on data collected will be performed on anonymized data sets with all PII removed and/or without any PII.
- And finally, but first and foremost, we collect sensitive/personal information in order to help you improve your sleep health.
Information You Provide
When using the site you may be asked to submit personally identifiable information in order for you to benefit from the specified features (such as the sleep and related behaviors, profiles, registration). You will be informed what information is required and what information is optional.
Personal Information Collection and Purposes of Use
We collect certain personal information through our Internet websites or other online service. This information includes one or more of the following elements of personally identifiable information:
1. A home or other physical address that includes the name of a street and the name of a city or town
2. An email address
3. A first and last name
4. A telephone number
5. A payment method such as a credit card and associated information
6. Age and gender (to personalize assessment)
We collect this personal information for the following purposes:
- to understand your sleep health;
- for product and service fulfillment (order through delivery);
- to respond to your inquiries, complaints and to fulfill your requests;
- to send you important information regarding our relationship with you or regarding this website, changes to our terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information;
- for fraud or crime prevention, and for technical security monitoring purposes;
- to enhance, improve or modify our website or products and services;
- for data analysis that will allow us to understand website usage trends;
- to determine the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, so that we can adapt our campaigns to the needs and interests of our users;
- to better understand you, so that we can personalize our interactions with you and provide you with information and/or offers tailored to your interests.
Right to Request Deletion
You have the right to request that we delete the personal information we have about you. However, we are not required to delete information if it is necessary to retain your information to:
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impact the achievement of such research, if you have provided informed consent.
- Complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected, provide a good or service requested by you, or a transaction reasonably anticipated within the context of our or one of our affiliate’s ongoing business relationship with you, or to otherwise perform a contract we have with you.
- Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity or prosecute those responsible for that activity.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act pursuant to Chapter 3.6 (commencing with Section 1546) of Title 12 of Part 2 of the Penal Code.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
Access, Correction and Deletion
To keep personally identifiable information that you provide via this application accurate, current, and complete, please contact us as specified below and we will take appropriate steps to update or correct such information in our possession, or to delete your information from our contact list.
How to Contact Us
35 E Gravers Ln, Philadelphia PA 19118
Or email Customer Service by contacting us at email@example.com.
This application is not intended for children under the age of 17. We have no intention of collecting personal information directly from children under the age of 17. We encourage parents to talk to their children about their use of the Internet and the information they disclose to Web sites. We may, however, ask you questions about the actions and behaviors of your children with relationship to your sleep.
Passive Information Collection
As you navigate through this application, certain anonymous information can be passively collected (that is, gathered without your actively providing the information) using various technologies, such as cookies, Icnternet tags or web beacons, and navigational data collection (log files, server logs, clickstream). Your Somn website automatically transmits anonymous information such as user Zip Code and City/State information, the Internet Protocol (IP) address and the browser version your device is currently using. This application may also collect anonymous information from your Somn website through cookies, Internet tags and web beacons.
This website may use and combine such passively collected anonymous information to provide better service to users, customize the application based on your preferences, compile and analyze statistics and trends, and otherwise administer and improve the application for your use.
A “cookie” is a bit of information that a Web site sends to your Web browser that helps the site remember information about you and your preferences. “Session” cookies are temporary bits of information that are used to improve navigation, block visitors from providing information where inappropriate (the site “remembers” previous entries of age or country of origin that were outside the specified parameters and blocks subsequent changes), and collect aggregate statistical information on the site. They are erased once you exit your Web browser or otherwise turn off your computer.
“Persistent” cookies are more permanent bits of information that are placed on the hard drive of your computer and stay there unless you delete the cookie. Persistent cookies store information on your computer for a number of purposes, such as retrieving certain information you have previously provided (such as passwords), helping to determine what areas of the Web site visitors find most valuable, and customizing the Web site based on your preferences on an ongoing basis. Persistent cookies placed by this application on your computer may hold personally identifiable information, but only if you have registered or have otherwise consented to the retention of personally identifiable information you have provided at the site. Otherwise, our site’s server only knows that an unidentified visitor with your cookie has returned to the site.
You may set your browser to accept all cookies, to reject all cookies, or to notify you whenever a cookie is offered so that you can decide each time whether to accept it. To learn more about cookies and how to specify your preferences, please search for “cookie” in the “Help” portion of your browser.
A site may use Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. An IP address is a number assigned to your computer by your Internet service provider so you can access the Internet and is generally considered to be non-personally identifiable information, because in most cases an IP address is dynamic (changing each time you connect to the Internet), rather than static (unique to a particular user’s computer). The IP address can be used to diagnose problems with a server, report aggregate information, determine the fastest route for your computer to use in connecting to a site, and administer and improve the site.
“Internet tags” (also known as single-pixel GIFs, clear GIFs, invisible GIFs, and 1-by-1 GIFs) are smaller than cookies and tell the Web site server information such as the IP address and browser type related to the visitor’s computer. Tags may be placed both on online advertisements that bring people to the site and on different pages of the site. Such tags indicate how many times a page is opened and which information is consulted.
“Navigational data” (log files, server logs, and clickstream data) are used for system management, to improve the content of the site, market research purposes, and to communicate information to visitors.
Use and Disclosure of Information
Except as otherwise stated, we may use information collected via this application to improve the content of our application, to customize the application to your preferences (personalization), to communicate information to you (if you have requested it), for our marketing and research purposes, and for any other purpose specified. In addition, we may make full use of all information acquired through this application that is not in personally identifiable form.
We also may disclose personally identifiable information you provide via this application to third parties, but only:
to respond to law enforcement requests or where required by applicable laws, court orders, or government regulations.
This application takes reasonable steps to protect personally identifiable information as you transmit it through our application and to protect such information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. You should keep in mind that no Internet transmission is ever completely secure or error-free. In particular, e-mail sent to or from this application may not be secure.
Links to other Web Sites
This website is published by PhenomHealth Inc. which is solely responsible for its content. This application is intended for visitors residing in the United States.
Copyright PhenomHealth Inc. 2019. All rights reserved.